DevOps Engineer | SRE | Linux Administrator
● Strong knowledge in network/security/systems administration and systems support in the Linux
● Hands-on experience in supporting, automating, and optimizing mission-critical deployments in AWS,
leveraging configuration management, CI/CD, and DevOps processes.
● Experienced in using different types of Linux distributions and building custom flavors of Linux
● Immense knowledge in installation and configuration of LAN, WAN and wireless networks with active
components such as routers, switches, firewalls, modems, access points, repeaters etc.
● Experienced in hacking wireless networks and using Kali Linux tools for pen testing.
● Actively manage, improve, and monitor cloud infrastructure on AWS, EC2, S3, and RDS, including
backups, patches, and scaling.
● Reduced costs by ~$2000/month by eliminating unnecessary servers, consolidating databases and
● Built and deployed Docker containers to break up the monolithic app into micro-services, improving
developer workflow, increasing availability, and optimizing speed.
● Wrote Puppet manifests and modules to deploy, configure, and manage servers.
● Automated build and deployment using Jenkins to reduce human error and speed up production
● Installed and configured Nagios to constantly monitor network bandwidth, memory usage, hard drive
status and other active services.
● Managed GitHub repositories and permissions, including branching and tagging.
● Implementation of Routing, Switching, Security, Load balancing & Wireless networking solutions.
● Implementation of Auto scaling in large infrastructure using ansible, python and shell scripting.
● Malware removal (Virus/Worm/Trojan/Spyware/Adware/keylogger/Rootkit).
● Packet sniffing & traffic analysis.
● Constantly learning new and important networking information, DevOps tools and processes to
automate the lifecycle.
● Experienced in Linux Shell scripting.
● Configuration management & Deployment: Ansible, Ansible Tower and Terraform.
● Container Orchestration: Docker Compose, AWS ECS.
● Good knowledge in Python.
● Version control systems: Git.
● CI/CD: Jenkins, GitLab, GitHub, AWS Pipelines, GCP Cloud Build.
● Monitoring Infrastructure using Nagios.
● Analytics of servers using Grafana, Prometheus, InfluxDB, Telegraf.
● Log Management using Elastic Stack, Graylog, Splunk, Fluentd and rsyslog.
● Vulnerability Assessment: Openvas, Metasploit, Nessus.
● Setting up VPN server to support L2TP and virtual LAN over network using Softether, OpenVPN
● Cloud Computing: AWS, GCP, DigitalOcean, Alibaba, Vultr, Linode, Azure, OpenStack, VMWare.
● Basic knowledge in web development using HTML, JS, XML, CSS, PHP, JSON.
● Good knowledge in MySQL programming.
● Worked with WordPress in designing blog & showcase sites and deploying WordPress.
● Well-known Operating Systems: Red Hat, CentOS, Rocky Linux, Arch Linux, Ubuntu, Gentoo, Crux,
LFS, Windows XP/Vista/NT.
● Installation & configuration of LAN.
● Troubleshooting the networking related problems.
● Troubleshooting & maintenance of PCs.
● Installation of Operating Systems Windows and Linux.
● Installation of device drivers & hardware components.
● Configuration of Printer, Modem, Scanner.
● Setting of small & medium-sized networks with bus & star topology.
● Cabling & crimping for systems, hubs, switches & routers.
● Installation & Configuration of Network devices, Repeater, Hub, and Switches.
● Topologies, Media Access methods.
● TCP/IP services, IP addressing & subnetting.
● DHCP, DNS, SSH, VPN, Port forwarding, DMZ, Static routing etc.
● International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research -IJSER
❖ Creating a custom flavor of Linux OS From Scratch with Web Interface – Akhil Jalagam