Linux Administrator & DevOps Engineer
- Strong knowledge in network/security/systems administration and systems support in the Linux network environment.
- Hands-on experience in supporting, automating, and optimizing mission-critical deployments in AWS, leveraging configuration management, CI/CD, and DevOps processes.
- Experienced in using different types of Linux distributions and building their own flavours of Linux operating systems.
- Immense knowledge in installation and configuration of LAN, WAN and wireless networks with active components such as routers, switches, firewalls, modems, access points, repeaters etc.
- Experienced in hacking wireless networks and using kali Linux tools for pen testing.
- Actively manage, improve, and monitor cloud infrastructure on AWS, EC2, S3, and RDS, including backups, patches, and scaling
- Reduced costs by ~$1500/month by eliminating unnecessary servers, consolidating databases and auto scaling servers.
- Built and deployed Docker containers to break up the monolithic app into microservices, improving developer workflow, increasing scalability, and optimizing speed
- Wrote Puppet manifests and modules to deploy, configure, and manage servers
- Automated build and deployment using Jenkins to reduce human error and speed up production processes
- Reduced deployment time for critical agile project infrastructure from ~1 month to 2 days
- Installed and configured Nagios to constantly monitor network bandwidth, memory usage, and hard drive status
- Managed GitHub repositories and permissions, including branching and tagging
- Implementation of Routing, Switching, Security, Load balancing & Wireless networking solutions
- Implementation & troubleshooting of VPN tunnels
- Implementation of Auto scaling in large infrastructure using ansible tower
- Configuration of routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, IPS & wireless network devices manufactured by Cisco, Linksys, TPLink, etc.
- Malware removal (Virus/Worm/Trojan/Spyware/Adware/keylogger/Rootkit)
- Packet sniffing & traffic analysis
- Constantly learning new and important networking information.
- Quick learner with ability to grasp new technologies, both software and hardware.
- Experienced in Linux Bash scripting.
- Configuration management & Deployment: Ansible, Ansible Tower and Terraform
- Container Orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes
- Version control systems: Git
- CI/CD: Jenkins, GitLab, GitHub, Drone
- Monitoring: Nagios, Grafana, Prometheus, InfluxDB, Telegraf, Elastic search, Graylog, Splunk
- Vulnerability Assessment: Openvas, Metasploit, Nessus
- VPN: OpenVPN, Softether
- Cloud Computing: AWS, GCP, DigitalOcean, Alibaba, Vultr, Linode, OpenStack, VMWare.
- Experienced in web development using HTML, JS, XML, CSS, PHP.
- Good knowledge in MySQL programming.
- Worked with WordPress in designing e-commerce sites.
- Adobe photoshop and Microsoft Office.
- Well-known Operating Systems: Windows XP/Vista/NT, Red Hat, Arch, Ubuntu, Gentoo, Crux, LFS.
- Installation & configuration of LAN.
- Troubleshooting the networking related problems.
- Troubleshooting & maintenance of PCs.
- Installation of Operating Systems Windows and Linux.
- Installation of device drivers & hardware components.
- Configuration of Printer, Modem, Scanner.
- Setting of small & medium-sized networks with bus & star topology.
- Cabling & crimping for systems, hubs, switches & routers.
- Network devices, Repeater, Hub, and Switches.
- Topologies, Media Access methods.
- TCP/IP services, IP addressing & subnetting.
- DHCP, DNS, SSH, VPN, Port forwarding, DMZ, Static routing etc.
- installation & configuration.
- International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research -IJSER
Creating a custom flavor of Linux OS From Scratch with Web Interface – Akhil Jalagam