Akhil Jalagam’s Portfolio
System and Network Administrator,
Skilled DevOps Engineer with 3+ years of hands-on experience supporting, automating, and optimizing mission-critical deployments in AWS, leveraging configuration management, CI/CD, and DevOps processes.
Believes in professionalism, dedication and client satisfaction.
Expertise in network design & implementations, network security, migrations, data centre consolidation, and network build-outs.
My rich & refined experience in the leading technologies of networking enables me to offer the following services
- Actively manage, improve, and monitor cloud infrastructure on AWS, EC2, S3, and RDS, including backups, patches, and scaling
- Reduced costs by ~$1500/month by eliminating unnecessary servers, consolidating databases and auto scaling servers.
- Built and deployed Docker containers to break up the monolithic app into microservices, improving developer workflow, increasing scalability, and optimizing speed
- Wrote Puppet manifests and modules to deploy, configure, and manage servers
- Automated build and deployment using Jenkins to reduce human error and speed up production processes
- Reduced deployment time for critical agile project infrastructure from ~1 month to 2 days
- Installed and configured Nagios to constantly monitor network bandwidth, memory usage, and hard drive status
- Managed GitHub repositories and permissions, including branching and tagging
- Implementation of Routing, Switching, Security, Load balancing & Wireless networking solutions
- Implementation & troubleshooting of VPN tunnels
- Implementation of Auto scaling in large infrastructure using ansible tower
- Configuration of routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, IPS & wireless network devices manufactured by Cisco, Linksys, TPLink, etc.
- Malware removal (Virus/Worm/Trojan/Spyware/Adware/keylogger/Rootkit)
- Packet sniffing & traffic analysis
- Monitoring tools deployment and configurations
- Configuration management & deployment: Ansible, Ansible Tower and Terraform
- Container Orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes
- Advanced Shell scripting : Bash
- Version control systems: Git
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Gitlab, Github, Drone
- Monitoring: Nagios, Grafana, Prometheus, InfluxDB, Telegraf, Elasticsearch, Graylog, Splunk
- VA and Pentesting: Openvas, Metasploit, Nessus
- VPN: OpenVPN, Softether
- Cloud Computing: AWS, GCP, DigitalOcean, Alibaba, Vultr, Linode, OpenStack, VMWare.
- Project Management: Jira, Phacility
Areas of Expertise
- Network Switching
- Network Equipment
- Network Appliance
- Network Design
- Network Security
International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research -IJSER
Internet of Things Workshop conducted in association with Virscent Technologies Pvt Ltd, IIT Kharagpur
Jun ’18, Current