DevOps | DevSecOps | SRE | Linux Administrator
● Strong knowledge of network/security/systems administration and systems support in the Linux network environment.
● Hands-on experience in supporting, automating, and optimizing mission-critical deployments in AWS, leveraging configuration management, CI/CD, and DevOps processes.
● Experienced in using different types of Linux distributions and building custom flavours of Linux operating systems.
● Immense knowledge in installation and configuration of LAN, WAN and wireless networks with active components such as routers, switches, firewalls, modems, access points, repeaters etc.
● Experienced in hacking wireless networks and using Kali Linux tools for pen testing.
● Actively manage, improve, and monitor cloud infrastructure on AWS EC2, S3, and RDS, GCP including backups, patches, and scaling.
● Reduced costs by ~$5000/month by eliminating unnecessary servers, consolidating databases and auto-scaling servers.
● Built and deployed Docker containers to break up the monolithic app into microservices , improving developer workflow, increasing availability, and optimizing speed.
● Wrote Ansible manifests and modules to deploy, configure, and manage servers.
● Automated build and deployment using Jenkins to reduce human error and accelerate production processes.
● Installed and configured Nagios to constantly monitor network bandwidth, memory usage, hard drive status and other active services.
● Managed GitHub repositories and permissions, including branching and tagging.
● Implementation of Routing, Switching, Security, Load balancing & Wireless networking solutions.
● Implementation of Auto scaling in large infrastructure using Ansible, python and shell scripting.
● Malware removal (Virus/Worm/Trojan/Spyware/Adware/keylogger/Rootkit) using Clam AV and other tools on Linux servers.
● Packet sniffing & traffic analysis.
● Constantly learning new and important networking information, DevOps tools and processes to automate the lifecycle.
● Experienced in Linux Shell scripting 🔥.
● Configuration management & Deployment: Ansible, Terraform, Pulumi.
● Container Orchestration: Podman (Docker), Kubernetes, Kops, AWS ECS & EKS, GCP GKE.
● Good knowledge of Python.
● Version control systems: Git.
● CI/CD: Jenkins, GitLab, CircleCI, AWS Pipelines, GCP Cloud Build, Jenkins.
● Monitoring Infrastructure using Nagios.
● Analytics of servers using Grafana, Prometheus, InfluxDB, Telegraf.
● Log Management using Signoz, Elastic Stack, Graylog, Splunk, Fluentd and rsyslog.
● Vulnerability Assessment: Openvas, Metasploit, Nessus.
● Setting up a VPN server to support L2TP and virtual LAN over network using Softether, OpenVPN, WireGuard, Nebula.
● Cloud Computing: AWS, GCP, DigitalOcean, Alibaba, Vultr, Linode, Azure, OpenStack.
● Basic knowledge of web development using HTML, JS, XML, CSS, PHP, JSON.
● Good knowledge of MySQL programming.
● Worked with WordPress in designing blog & showcase sites and deploying WordPress.
● Well-known Operating Systems: Red Hat, CentOS, Rocky Linux, Void Linux, FreeBSD, Arch Linux, Ubuntu, Gentoo, Crux, LFS, Windows XP/Vista/NT.
● Installation & configuration of LAN.
● Troubleshooting the networking related problems.
● Troubleshooting & maintenance of PCs.
● Installation of Operating Systems Windows and Linux.
● Installation of device drivers & hardware components.
● Configuration of Printer, Modem, Scanner.
● Setting of small & medium-sized networks with bus & star topology.
● Cabling & crimping for systems, hubs, switches & routers.
● Installation & Configuration of Network devices, Repeater, Hub, and Switches.
● Topologies, Media Access methods.
● TCP/IP services, IP addressing & sub-netting.
● DHCP, DNS, SSH, VPN, Port forwarding, DMZ, Static routing etc.
● International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research -IJSER
Creating a custom flavor of Linux OS From Scratch with Web Interface - Akhil Jalagam